Here's the first part in our science of shooting series! Based on what we've learned from our shooting experts and the data we've gathered, these are the distinguishing characteristics of a textbook shot.
1. Line up your shooting arm directly under the ball with the wrist cocked.
2. Bend your elbow about 90° and point it towards the basket.
3. Extend your arm “up” in one motion towards the basket.
4. Fully extend the arm as your wrist snaps.
5. Finish with the elbow above your eyebrow and wrist fully snapped.